Transfer Student Appointment
Transfer students are NOT required to meet with a counselor prior to registration; it is optional and will be provided as long as we have the resources. If you do not need to meet with a counselor and would just like to have your California Community College transcripts evaluated please click here. If you are attending summer ONLY please do not fill out this form, but instead call 805-730-4085 or chat during our "dropin" hours.
The Academic Counseling Center is offering optional advanced remote (phone/googlechat/zoom) appointments for SUMMER/FALL 2020 planning to incoming transfer students who have attended other colleges/universities and who have already applied to SBCC. You must have applied to SBCC for summer/fall 2020, have your student ID number, be able to login to your Pipeline email, and have official transcripts on file in order to request an appointment. If your previous institution cannot send official transcripts at this time, we will use unofficial for your counseling appointment. Summer registration for transfer students began April 16; fall registration begins June 15.
STEPS to request a remote advanced appointment with an Academic Counselor who will help you plan your first semester classes and develop a Student Educational Plan (SEP).
- APPLY to SBCC (You will need your SBCC student ID# in steps 3/4).
- ORDER official transcripts from all colleges attended. For options on submitting transcripts to SBCC, go here.
- VERIFY that SBCC received your transcript(s). View your student records in your Pipeline account, following the steps outlined here. Once SBCC receives your transcript, it can then take 5-7 working days before it is accessible by a counselor in your appointment.
- COMPLETE the 2020 Transfer Student Appointment Form after you have verification that your external, official transcript has been received.
- To access the form you MUST be logged off any personal Gmail or email account and logged into your SBCC Pipeline account.
- If you get a "You need permission" message, log off any personal email account you may have open and use your Pipeline account to access the form.
- WAIT (up to a week) for a representative to call or email you to set up your appointment with an Academic Counselor. In this appointment we will assist you with your first semester plan, and help you start the transcript evaluation process. Comprehensive evaluations of transcripts may take 1-2 weeks for some classes, and 3 months for others, based on where the courses were taken and which department needs to evaluate them: an academic department faculty at SBCC, Transcript Evaluation Office (TEO), or Articulation Office.
For coursework completed outside of the California Community College system having a course syllabus (course outline/program of study) can often speed up the evaluation process.