Have a question? Look for an answer here!


What do I do if I need to go to the doctor?

What do I do if I need to go to the doctor?

If you need to see a doctor:
1. Go to the Campus Health Center
2. If the Health Center cannot treat you or is closed, go to one of the urgent care centers listed below. Please note that use of an urgent care center instead of a hospital emergency room may decrease your out-of-pocket expenses. You may also refer to the student insurance website to search for an individual doctor.

If you have specific questions about your insurance you can contact the insurance company directly at 1-800-367-5830 or visit their website. To view insurance plan details, view this brochure.

Sansum Clinic Urgent Care Center, 215 Pesetas Lane,(805)563-6100
The Med Center, 2954 State Street,(805)682-7411
The Med Center, 319 North Milpas Street, (805)965-3011

For information about where to find a specialty clinic, come to the International Office.

For additional details about your insurance plan and how to use it, please refer to the Insurance Plan FAQ link.

How To Use Your Insurance Insurance Frequently Asked Questions

Do you want to have health insurance over the summer?

If you are enrolled in any class at SBCC during one or both summer sessions, you will automatically be enrolled in the health insurance coverage for the term you are registered in classes for.

If you are NOT enrolled in any class at SBCC during the summer sessions, you can submit an application and payment for summer coverage. Fill out the enrollment form, provide your payment information, and mail to the insurance company directly (Step 6 on the form).

Summer Insurance Enrollment form

Does the Insurance Cover Dental or Vision?

The International Student Insurance Plan does not include dental or vision, but supplemental plans may be purchased online. Learn more and sign up by clicking on Supplemental Plans

Get Adobe Reader