Have a question? Look for an answer here!


What to I need to do if I'm transferring from another School to SBCC?

If you would like to transfer from your current school to SBCC, the first thing you'll need to do is complete the
application process.

Submit everything listed on the application check-list, including a copy of all of your current immigration documents (I-20, I-94, passport, visa) and an Intent to Transfer form completed by the International Advisor at your school. Our office will contact you at the email address listed on your application.

I'm transferring from SBCC to another school. What now?

Once you are accepted to another school, you'll need to inform your SBCC Advisor and follow these steps:

1. Provide your Advisor with a copy of your acceptance letter (or some other proof of admission).
2. Fill out the online SEVIS Release Form (click the link below - note that you must log in with your Pipeline account). If you applied to and are accepted to more than one school, only fill this form out for the school you decide to attend.

*IMPORTANT* You must attend your SBCC classes until the end of the current SBCC semester/session, or until the transfer release date in SEVIS if you are transferring out mid-semester.

Click here to access the online SEVIS Release form »

How do I get IGETC certification?

In order to have your IGETC certified as complete and sent to your university, follow these instructions:

1. Download and complete the IGETC Certification Application.

2. Submit the completed form using one of the following methods:

  • in person to the Transfer Center
  • fax to (805) 560-0591
  • mail to SBCC Transfer Center, 721 Cliff Drive, Santa Barbara, CA 93109

You will receive an email letting you know that your IGETC Certification has been sent to the university.

How can I transfer credits from another school to SBCC?

To receive transfer credit toward an SBCC degree or certificate based on transcripts from a U.S. College or University, visit the Transcript Evaluation Office for instructions.

To receive transfer credit toward an SBCC degree or certificate based on international transcripts, students must provide an official evaluation of their transcripts by an independent transcript evaluation service that is a member of either the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE) or National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). Go to AICE or NACES for member listings.

1. Meet with an SBCC Academic Counselor to find out if it would be beneficial for you to apply for transfer credit. Comprehensive evaluations of international transcripts can be expensive, and may not be necessary depending upon your educational goals. Our Academic Counselors can advise you accordingly.
2. All agencies are private organizations. It is the responsibility of the student to pay for the services rendered.
3. You may need to request a detailed or comprehensive report that includes a course-by-course review with unit value, grade, and lower/under division breakdown.
4. It is important for the student to provide complete and accurate information, following the specific directions of the respective agencies.
5. Submit the official international transcript evaluation report to the SBCC Admissions & Records Office.

Get Adobe Reader