What to I need to do if I'm transferring from another School to SBCC?
If you would like to transfer from your current school to SBCC, the first thing you'll need to do is complete the
Submit everything listed on the application check-list, including a copy of all of your current immigration documents (I-20, I-94, passport, visa) and an Intent to Transfer form completed by the International Advisor at your school. Our office will contact you at the email address listed on your application.
I'm transferring from SBCC to another school. What now?
Once you are accepted to another school, you'll need to inform your SBCC Advisor and follow these steps:
1. Provide your Advisor with a copy of your acceptance letter (or some other proof of admission).
2. Fill out the online SEVIS Release Form (click the link below - note that you must log in with your Pipeline account). If you applied to and are accepted to more than one school, only fill this form out for the school you decide to attend.
*IMPORTANT* You must attend your SBCC classes until the end of the current SBCC semester/session, or until the transfer release date in SEVIS if you are transferring out mid-semester.
Click here to access the online SEVIS Release form »
How do I get IGETC certification?
In order to have your IGETC certified as complete and sent to your university, follow these instructions:
1. Download and complete the IGETC Certification Application.
2. Submit the completed form using one of the following methods:
- in person to the Transfer Center
- fax to (805) 560-0591
- mail to SBCC Transfer Center, 721 Cliff Drive, Santa Barbara, CA 93109
You will receive an email letting you know that your IGETC Certification has been sent to the university.
How can I transfer credits from another school to SBCC?
To receive transfer credit toward an SBCC degree or certificate based on transcripts from a U.S. College or University, review the Transfer of Credit Policy.
To receive transfer credit toward an SBCC degree or certificate based on international transcripts, students must provide an official evaluation of student's transcripts completed by an independent transcript evaluation service approved by SBCC. Here are the list of approved agencies (others will be considered as well):
ACEI (Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute)
P.O. Box 6908
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
Phones: (310) 275-3530, (800) 234-1597;
Fax: (310) 275-3528
AERC (American Education Research Center)
P.O. Box 996
West Covina, CA 91793-0996
Phone: (626) 339-4404; Fax: (626) 339-9081
IERF (International Education Research Foundation, Inc. Credentials Evaluation Service)
P.O. Box 3665
Culver City, CA 90231-3665
Telephone: (310) 258-9451;
Fax: (310) 342-7086
WES (World Education Services)
P.O. Box 5087
Bowling Green Station
New York, NY 10274-5087
Telephone: (212) 966-6311
Fax: (212) 739-6239
1. All agencies are private organizations. It is the responsibility of the student to pay for the services rendered.
2. You should request a detailed or comprehensive report that includes a course-by-course review with unit value, grade, and lower/under division breakdown.
3. It is important for the student to provide complete and accurate information, following the specific directions of the respective agencies.
4. Submit the official international transcript evaluation report to the International Admissions Coordinator.
5. Once the official international transcript evaluation report has been received by SBCC, students will receive an email to their pipeline email within 7 - 10 business days. After that point, students may meet with an academic counselor once they are on campus to review their previous coursework.